Last night at youth we heard about the Sluggard that is mentioned in Proverbs , and how each of us as acted like a sluggard at one point or another.
In our small groups we were talking about laziness and also how most of us has a problem with procrastination.
This morning during my devotions I came up with a list of 10 things I am going to do to stop laziness and procrastination in their tracks.
2. Remember that whatever work I have to do , I must do it to bring honour and glory to God.
3. Read my Bible ( especially the book of Proverbs which talks a lot about the sluggard).
4. I must concentrate on the task I am doing .
5. PROCRASTINATION = STRESS , and I do not like or even want to be stressed!
6. Work is more important than watching TV or Facebook
7. If I am asked to do something , I must stop whatever else I'm doing and do it ( if it is a short-term task), so that once I complete the task I can get back to doing whatever I was doing before I was asked to do the task.
8. Remind myself of the affects of being a sluggard ( annoys people, unreasonable, unreliable , sleeps , makes excuses , thinks they are more wise but they are actually more foolish , also could end up in poverty, a lot more in Proverbs)
9. DO NOT HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON, ( OR DO NOT TURN OFF THE ALARM CLOCK AND GET BACK INTO BED!) DON'T BE A SLUGGARD!!! ( this is one we discussed in our small groups)
10. I must ask my self this question if I feel a bit of laziness coming on :" As a believer I am supposed to be like Christ, and Christ was never lazy , so why am I ? "
With these 10 things I am sure I will combat laziness!
Bye for now !