Friday, April 1, 2011

10 Ways To Get Over Boy Craziness. ( From Lies Young Women Believe)

These 10 things are not my own but are from a book a recently finished called Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh. I like these ways to get over boy craziness because I know how obsessed I can be when I become boy crazy. And instead of putting God first in my life , as we should, I start putting some guy first, usually someone who isn't even a Christian. So today I am going to start these 10 ways of getting over boy craziness:
1. Write love letters to God.
2. Create a list of great books and movies that don't fuel impure thoughts and romance.
3. Hang out with friends who aren't boy crazy .
4. Invest time in the "man of your life" - your dad.
5. Exercise or get involved in sports.
6. Get a mentor to talk about it.
7. Write a list of your future husband's qualities.
8. Begin a journal to your future husband.
9. Read Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot.
10. Go on a mission trip ( if you can!).

I highly recommend Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh. It is very eye-opening as it uncovers 25 of the most popular lies young women are most likely to believe. Quite a lot of them I know I have believed and even now still sometimes believe them!

No comments:

Post a Comment